Our Vision, Mission, and Values
New York Chiropractic College is committed to academic excellence, leadership, and professional best practices.
New York Chiropractic College will be recognized as a leading institution for the education and training of natural healthcare professionals and academicians who embrace interprofessional collaboration.
- the core principles of all our natural healthcare programs;
- our heritage as a chiropractic educational institution;
- the provision of the finest natural healthcare education, clinical experience, and support systems to facilitate alumni success in diverse careers;
- innovative teaching and learning methods that complement and enhance our existing programs;
- the development and utilization of best practices in lifelong learning, interprofessional collaborative healthcare, scholarship, and the exploration of new knowledge;
- excellence, honesty, accountability, and fiscal responsibility in all endeavors;
- diversity, inclusiveness, and tolerance in all interactions;
- an environment that balances knowledge, authority, and responsibility;
- the cultivation of nurturing relationships with all our stakeholders; and
- our role as an authority in natural healthcare education and the leadership role(s) our faculty, staff, and alumni have within the communities they serve.
Institutional Learning Objectives
As our mission statement outlines, the goal of the New York Chiropractic College is to offer the highest quality graduate education by ensuring that those completing our programs meet the following institutional learning objectives:
- Develop critical thinking skills using current evidence and practices to make informed decisions.
- Use information literacy skills to effectively locate, analyze, and integrate information.
- Demonstrate effective forms of communication.
- Behave ethically, professionally, and with integrity.
- Practice with intraprofessional and interprofessional collaboration.
- Display leadership skills applicable to the field of study.
- Conduct themselves in a caring and compassionate manner sensitive toward others of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings and application of chosen discipline.