Doctor of Chiropractic
Healing — in your hands.
It's a journey. A professional degree earned over 10 trimesters (three years and four months), leading to a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.). Core sciences. Evidence-informed clinical practice. Leading-edge research. Time-honored adjustive techniques. Step-by-step growth. Discovery. Obstacles. Guides and mentors. Clinical opportunities. Mastery.
YOU — BECOMING A DOCTOR
Alongside peers from diverse undergraduate backgrounds — from liberal arts and social sciences to specialties such as exercise science and physiology, biology, kinesiology, athletic training, nursing, physical therapy. Alongside a community of experienced and aspiring doctors who model day by day what it takes to be well and stay well.
Be encouraged by the support of our dedicated Career Development and Professional Success team.
And then join the ranks of NYCC alumni thriving in clinical settings and private practice. United by a common bond — a dedication to daily preparation, a patient-first approach, and a steadfast work ethic.
Why earn your Doctorate in Chiropractic at NYCC?
- Complete your doctorate in just over 3 years
- Build a science-based, evidence-informed professional foundation
- Get real, hands-on experience with patients as early as in second trimester as part of your clinical experiences
- Take advantage of great scholarships, financial aid and on-campus work opportunities
- Get the training to take Board Exams in both the U.S. AND Canada
- Study with faculty who teach, mentor, and are seen as some of the preeminent chiropractic practitioners in the world
- Join a strong network of NYCC alumni currently practicing chiropractic across the world
Over the course of your study — through 10 trimesters, each 15 weeks in length, including summer — you will prepare to provide primary and collaborative care as a doctor of chiropractic — placing special emphasis on neuromusculoskeletal conditions and overall patient wellness.
Prepare in challenging clinical and practical research settings, and gain hands-on practice. Learn from expert mentor-practitioners in an array of diverse healthcare environments.
- Starting seventh trimester
- Full-year clinic-based clerkship
- Clinical practice and research settings
- Three NYCC-operated health centers in New York State: Seneca Falls, Depew, and Levittown.
- Major hospitals, research centers, and clinics such as Veterans Administration (VA) medical centers, Salvation Army clinics, and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Career Opportunities. Alumni Connections.
The NYCC alumni network reaches far — geographically and in specialty areas. Prepare to open your own clinic, or work side-by-side with other healthcare practitioners. Or, prepare for specialization in a number of areas, such as working with athletes, children, or aging populations.
ONLINE CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Matching graduates to associate openings, practices for sale, and active jobs
- Mapping areas where demand for chiropractors exceeds supply
- State licensure information
- Practice management resources
ALUMNI BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Extensive Postgraduate and Continuing Education seminars help you keep your licensure up-to-date and your skills sharp.
The NYCC Difference
On-Campus Gross Anatomy Lab
“Understanding the humanity and what happened to this person, that’s where we get students to think from a clinical perspective and not just the memorization of structures.” Dr. Karen Bobak, Dean of Chiropractic
Meet Michael Penkin, D.C. '13
Dr. Michael Penkin is many things: professional bodybuilder, electrical engineer, former helicopter sales agent -- and NYCC-educated Doctor of Chiropractic