Health & Fitness Center
The Northeast College of Health Sciences offers some of the finest recreational facilities available in colleges today. With participation and interest in leisure-time activities and lifetime sports at an all-time high, Northeast''s facilities are much in demand.
Our 32,000 sq. ft. gymnasium features four basketball, two pickleball, one tennis court, as well as volleyball and a 150-meter, four-lane walking/jogging track that encircles the gymnasium.
The six-lane, 25-meter pool ranging in depth of 3.5 feet to 13 feet is available for open swim.
Additionally, the Health & Fitness Center also includes a 3,699 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Fitness Center that includes all new Precor cardio and weight machines and free weights in addition there is a Stretch Room and an Aerobic Room. Two racquetball/handball courts are available on a reservation basis. The Health & Fitness Center also has full locker room facilities.
Our outdoor athletic facilities are ideal for softball, soccer, and flag football
TEMPORARY HOURS OF OPERATION
The Health and Fitness Center Fitness Room is currently open for students, faculty, and staff of Northeast' only.
|Monday - Friday||Saturday, Sunday|
|6 a.m.- 9 a.m.||7 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|12 p.m. - 2 p.m.||9 a.m.- 1 p.m.|
|4 p.m. - 9 p.m.|
* This schedule is subject to change due to programming of student activities, special events, national chiropractic certification testing, and student trimester break schedules. Every effort will be made to post changes in advance.
** Please refer to monthly calendar for specific facility closings and alterations.
† Please contact Health and Fitness Center for specific pool times.
- All activity must conclude 1/2 hour prior to closing when locker room usage is required.
- Hours may be altered; changes will be posted. Please call for availability of facilities. Special programs may affect Health & Fitness Center hours.
- The following holidays are an exception to regular hours: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Members between the ages of 13 and 15 who wish to use the gymnasium unaccompanied by an adult may do so on weekdays between the hours of 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
- All participants must have valid membership identification.
Who can use the facility?
- Northeast' students
- Northeast'faculty and staff
- Community membership holders
Northeast' student spouses and faculty and staff spouses are required to purchase an annual membership to the Health & Fitness Center in order to use the facility. Children under 12 are free. Membership fees do apply to children over 12 years. Photo identification cards are issued to all Northeast' student spouses and faculty and staff spouses and dependents over the age of 5 years as well as community membership holders.
Membership to the Health & Fitness Center entitles the member to the use of the athletic facilities, the gymnasium, pool, fitness center, locker rooms, racquetball courts, and equipment.
|Faculty, staff and student spouses and dependents annual membership rates|
|Teens (13 - 18 years of age)||$35.00|
|Children (12 years and under)||NO CHARGE|
|Community memberships are available at the following annual rates|
|Adult (21 - 61 years of age)||$385.00|
|Young Adult (18 - 20 years of age)||$250.00|
|Single Parent with dependents||$300.00|
|Northeast' Alumni (Single)||$200.00|
|Northeast' Alumni (Family)||$250.00|
|Senior Citizen Married Couple||$215.00|
The Department of Health & Fitness Education hires work-study students and a limited number of non-work-study students to work in the Health & Fitness Center. We recognize that, first and foremost, you are a student and will not jeopardize your status with unreasonable job demands. However, we also recognize that by accepting employment you are accepting a commitment that you must be held responsible for.
Reception monitor, Fitness Room monitor, and lifeguards.
If you are interested in applying for employment at the Health & Fitness Center, stop by the Health and Fitness Education Office, Room 102, and pick up an application.
Stacey Steele, Operations Coordinator
Phone: (315) 568-3255