Your Career. Our Purpose.
Maybe you dream of starting a chiropractic practice of your own. Maybe you’re interested in joining up acupuncture and chiropractic or other health professions in a specialized practice. Perhaps you’d like to start a nutrition counseling practice, or find the perfect job teaching anatomy at a college near you. No matter how big the dream, we’re here to help.
New York Chiropractic College has the tools and network you need to take on your greatest career goals:
- a rigorous curriculum that prepares you with the knowledge you need for licensure, and professional success;
- a faculty with years of professional practice experience of their own to help guide you into your career
- business courses in building a practice and marketing yourself as a professional
- thought leaders who present every trimester, addressing diverse and broad professional development topics; and
- a Center for Career Development and Professional Success, specifically dedicated to your opportunity and marketability in the workplace.
The perfect formula for professional achievement.
Graduate with the education, business acumen, and network to get you where you want to be.
Center for Career Development and Professional Success
Sweeping changes and exciting new possibilities mark the future for healthcare delivery. New opportunities demand greater attention in exploring career choices. Our career resources cover a broad spectrum of options available as practitioners, educators and/or researchers.
We offer help in determining licensure requirements, location selection, resume and curriculum vitae writing, job search strategies, interviewing techniques, business plan templates, and more.
The Center for Career Development and Professional Success meets student and alumni career needs through a variety of counseling services designed to empower applicants and implement effective strategies. Arrange a visit to clarify career goals and execute successful job search campaigns. Most services are available online through our campus intranet, making them easily accessible to off-campus students and alumni.
To assist you in navigating the various licensure requirements for each state, visit the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards’ website. Simply click on the "boards" tab, and access each state’s requirements, laws and regulations, and the application.
For information on the various licensure requirements for acupuncturists/Oriental medicine practitioners, visit the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine website. Click on the link for "Resource Center," then "Applicant Resources."
Learn more about the various state regulations governing the practice of clinical nutrition, at the following websites:
- For licensure and regulatory information, visit the Center for Nutrition Advocacy.
- For testing and the certification process for state regulatory requirements, visit the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists.
Here’s a list of our career-related services:
Career Opportunities and Search Strategies
- Resume and curriculum vitae writing
- Resume, cover letter and business plan templates
- Job search strategies
- Interviewing techniques
- Locusmap Chiromap demographics program for location selection
- Business startup Information
- 24/7 access to resources through student and alumni portals
Online Career Opportunity Database
The Center for Career Development and Professional Success regularly posts over 2,000 opportunities in chiropractic, with daily updates and additions.
This is our comprehensive, interactive, computer-based job search engine that compiles listings from personal contacts and professional publications for chiropractic, acupuncture/AOM, and clinical nutrition professionals.
- Associateship/Partnership/Office Coverage Opportunities
- Equipment for Sale
- Opportunities to Rent/Lease/Share Established Office Space
- Practices for Sale
NYCC's Center for Career Development and Professional Success neither endorses nor warrants its database postings. Users are encouraged to thoroughly and critically investigate any and all posted opportunities and equipment of interest.