NYCC Announces New Student Clinical Opportunities
New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) is pleased to announce a number of new partnerships in which NYCC student clinicians will provide on-site, hands-on chiropractic and acupuncture services to patients.
NYCC offers a number of clinical experiences at various sites including community health centers (such as NYCC-run Health Centers in Levittown, Depew and Seneca Falls, N.Y.) and Veterans' Administration (VA) hospitals -- a natural fit for NYCC's clinicians and clients wishing to reduce pain and improve overall wellness. These opportunities offer NYCC students important hands-on practice while providing beneficial healthcare services and treatment to the community.
In addition to more than 20 already-existing partnerships, NYCC has recently added a number of new or expanded student clinical practice opportunities:
- The Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center in Iron Mountain, MI, under the direction of Dr. Cheryl Griggs
- The VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System in Pittsburgh, PA, under the direction of Drs. Sean Mathers and William Tellin
- The Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, NY, under the direction of Dr. Katie Golden
- The University Hospital Connor Integrative Network in Ohio, under the direction of Dr. Sarah Prosak
- Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab and Chiropractic, in Baltimore, MD, with Dr. Mark Gulitz
- Pow-Her Chiropractic in Rockville, MD, with Dr. Cheryl Lee-Pow
- Winchester Institute in Dublin, OH, with Dr. Dana Winchester
- Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, under the direction of Dr. Andrew McBain
The College is also working with the Seneca County Community Counseling Center (SCCCC) to expand its already-existing clinical program, with Drs. Larissa Martin and Michael SanFilipo as chiropractic faculty clinicians and Adjunct Assistant Professor Bryan Isacks as acupuncture provider.
"As the premier institution for complementary, integrative, natural healthcare education, NYCC is proud to offer our all of our students high-quality, hands-on clinical training," says Dr. Wendy Maneri, NYCC Associate Dean for Chiropractic Clinical Education and Health Centers. "The excellence of our clinical opportunities support students as they build a patient-centered, evidence-informed professional foundation and grow to become leaders in natural healthcare."