Safe Return to Campus - Fall 2021 (09.03.21)
Dear Northeast Campus Community,
We look forward to having you on campus for the fall term! This communication is to provide you with some information to help us all have a safe and healthy trimester during the ongoing pandemic.
We place a high priority on your wellness. We encourage you to be our partners in taking responsibility to protect yourself and others. While we follow all governmental mandates, it is important to note that Northeast exercises the right to engage in a higher level of health safety precaution and protocol.
Please be aware that the current delta variant of the Coronavirus is highly transmissible, even by those with immunity (i.e., have had the disease or are fully vaccinated), and can lead to more serious disease in those without immunity than earlier variants.
Here are some key protocols to follow this term:
- Consider getting vaccinated if you have not yet done so.
- Complete the daily online health screening survey found at www.northeastcollege.edu/screening before coming to campus and follow the instructions you receive.
- Stay home and contact the appropriate campus official if you have any symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19
- Wear a mask when on campus regardless of your vaccination status. Masks may be removed while actively eating or drinking or when in a private office setting.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds or more, with warm water and soap.
- Sanitize frequently between hand washings.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your mask and cover up with the front of your elbow if possible.
- Discard tissues immediately after use -- do not save them for a second use later.
- Maintain appropriate distance from others wherever possible.
- Hugs and handshaking are discouraged. Consider a warm smile (we'll see the smile in your eyes) or an elbow bump for the time being as a healthier alternative physical greeting.
- Students: carefully follow faculty instructions when in classes or labs.
Please see below for links to information resources that will be helpful to you.
- Northeast College health and safety information
- Vaccine availability information in New York
- CDC information about the protecting yourself and others from COVID-19
- CDC guidance for vaccinated individuals
- CDC travel guidance
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
J. Todd Knudsen, D.C., DACBR
Vice President of Stakeholder Engagement
Campus Safety Monitor