Applying for Aid
U.S. STUDENT FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION PROCESS
Students who wish to be considered for federal financial aid program funding must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA application can be found online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. Make sure to include Northeast's school code: 012277.
For students intending to cover all or part of their educational expenses through federal financial aid programs, and/or other aid program funding sources, the College recommends adhering to the following schedule:
Six months prior to academic year start date
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Provide the Northeast Financial Aid office with documentation of any outside financial aid program eligibility: Veterans, Military Service Member, Vocational and Educational Services, scholarships, etc.
Five months prior to academic year start date
- Complete Northeast Financial Aid Form on the Northeast Student Portal or Applicant Status Page.
Four months prior to academic year start date:
- Complete student Master Promissory Note at https://studentaid.gov/mpn/grad/landing
Three months prior to academic year start date
- Complete student Loan Entrance Counseling at https://studentaid.gov/app/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=entrance
Two months prior to academic year start date
- Accept or modify the Northeast College Financing Plan on the Northeast Student Portal.
One month prior to academic year start date
Review loan disbursement notice provided in student's Northeast email account.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Northeast is happy to provide assistance in identifying potential governmental or provincial aid programs, as well as private lenders. Applying to and coordinating these funding sources is the responsibility of the student. Learn more from our Canadian and International Student Admissions page, or contact the Northeast Financial Aid Office for more information.