Master of Science in
Applied Clinical Nutrition
Peter Nickless, DC, MS, MBA, Director of the Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition Program
Primary Contact - Kimberly McCrea - Assistant Director of Admissions for Online Programs
Email: email@example.com - Phone: (717) 387-3146
The Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition degree program advances the Mission, Vision and Values of New York Chiropractic College through its preparation of clinical nutrition professionals. The program places emphasis on the principles of quality patient-centered care through the analysis of evidence and the utilization of the highest standards in nutritional assessment, intervention, promotion of health, and case management focusing on the use of whole foods and therapeutic plants in an integrative approach to optimal wellness.
- To provide a high quality educational experience centered on the important relationship that exists between nutrition and health.
- To provide an education centered on an understanding of the biochemical aspects of metabolism and the interrelationship between macro and micro nutrients.
- To prepare graduates to clinically assess individuals for nutritional imbalances and apply evidence-based therapeutic interventions.
- To concentrate on a whole foods approach to nutritional therapeutics and its role in optimal health and wellness.
- To prepare heath care professionals to recommend nutritional and herbal supplementation, when appropriate, based on scientific and clinical evidence.
- To develop critical appraisers of the healthcare literature and the nutrition industry.
- To educate graduates to interact professionally and ethically within an integrative healthcare environment.
- 2 year, 36 credit online program
- Two courses are taught each 15-week trimester
- Candidates are required to have successfully completed 90 semester hours (or 136 quarter hours) of undergraduate study. At least Nine credit hours shall consist of the biosciences (C or better). Overall grade point average must be 2.5 or higher.
- Through NYCC's Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition we are looking to teach health care practitioners who want to enhance their credentials and expand their practices by incorporating nutrition to address a myriad of health conditions.
- While a background in health care is not required in order to be accepted into the program, it is highly recommended that applicants have a science or healthcare background to garner the most from the program.
Convenient Program Format
MSACN Matriculates can complete this masters level program entirely online in the comforts of their homes.
- The faculty – all highly credentialed – seasoned professionals with clinical practice and research experience provide lectures at as well as highly interactive weekly discussions via the online format, for instruction with a personal touch.
- Work Independently: Online lectures are supplemented by assignments to be completed both independently and in groups.
Program Preparation for National Certification
As a regionally accredited masters, the MSACN program meets the majority or all of the didactic requirements to sit for several important national certification exams including the Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS), the Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN), the Diplomate for the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN), and the Diplomate for the Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition (DCBCN). The MSACN graduate nutrition program is not designed to lead to the Registered Dietician (RD) credential. The following links outline the benefits and provide details for each national certification:
Additional Program Information